Detoxifying your body helps you to stay healthy through the removal of body toxins. This process includes a number of elements such as taking vitamins and supplements, herbal therapies and a change in diet. Our body has its own detoxifying organs and systems which include the liver, gallbladder, colon, kidneys, lungs, lymph, blood and skin. They are responsible for eradicating body toxins. But because the world today is overly polluted, the body needs to work harder to drive out the exponentially increased wastes and toxins. Thus, the body needs all the help it can get to perform its job effectively. Here are a number of health tips that will surely make you feel cleansed inside and out.
1. Drink a glass of lemon water. Before you brush your teeth in the morning gulp a glass of water (warm) with a little slice of fresh lemon. If you don’t have fresh lemon, then a dried lemon slice will do. Lemon water intake stimulates the liver and allows a smooth removal of waste products from the body, promotes a good digestive system and blood flow. If you are taking vitamin or herbal supplements, do it with lemon water. This will help your body to absorb the supplements better and faster.
2. Detoxify with Chia. Back in ancient times, the Aztecs, Incas and Mayan tribes used chia seeds to gain endurance and strength. This is why Chia is often called the “superfood” of ancient civilizations. Today, the health benefits of chia seeds include increasing fiber, omega-3 and 6 oils, potassium, calcium and magnesium supplies of our body. They also act as the body’s intestinal broom by effectively expelling waste through the gastrointestinal tract. This makes them ideal for detoxification purposes.
3. Decrease your sugar intake – Having too much sugar causes your body to produce more insulin which can stress your pancreas and wear you out. Unfortunately, this kind of unhealthy habit causes chronic fatigue, diabetes, cancer and a some extra pounds.
4. Staying physically active – Proper exercise gives you superb blood circulation. It will also improve your digestion, enhance lubrication points, lessen tension and increase body strength. Those people who are physically fit have lower amounts of body toxins than those who don’t.
5. Always drink tea – Tea is a very powerful antioxidant. It also helps in hydrating your body and filling it up. This is why when you drink tea, you are less likely to eat too much or eat the wrong kinds of food.
6. Eat more greens – Your diet should mainly consist of a variety of fruits and vegetables along with whole grains, legumes, beans and a doze of nuts and seeds.